The Healthy Teens Program will:
- Support United Way’s goal to get 1.9 million more young people healthy and active by the year 2018.
- Promote good nutrition and physical activity.
- Increase reading and comprehension skills through the exploration of relevant, real-world information on health and well-being in USA TODAY.
- Encourage critical thinking and problem-solving for students, resulting in healthy lifestyle decisions.
- Cultivate an informed generation of young people empowered to make healthy choices and inspired to give, advocate and volunteer in the communities in which they live.
Your participation in Healthy Teens will motivate today’s youth, their families and their communities to establish healthy behavior patterns to last a lifetime!