ATTENTION STUDENT PHOTOGRAPHERS: USA TODAY is seeking beautiful photos of college campuses to run in the third annual College Guide, available on newsstands nationwide this fall.
We are looking for two types of photos:
Cover image: A beautiful exterior image that just screams “college.” People can be in the image but they should not be the focus. The subject should be the scenery.
Please consider that this is a national publication, so while it’s OK to shoot landmarks or unique buildings on your campus, make sure the photo does not contain highly visible banners or logos.
Cover submissions MUST be vertical and MUST LEAVE ROOM FOR THE MAGAZINE FLAG AND COVER LINES. The standard page size is 8″ x 10.5″ at a resolution of 300 DPI, so all submissions must be at least this large.
The photographer of the selected cover photo will receive $250, plus a short mention in the magazine, as well the chance to see their work published nationwide!
Inside images: Exterior images that show off the beauty of your campus. Photos can be vertical or horizontal. Be creative. School-specific banners or signs are acceptable in these images. People can be shown, though an emphasis should be placed on scenery.
Photographers will receive $50 for any selected inside photos.
Deadline for submission: May 15
HOW TO SUBMIT PHOTOS: Use the form below or email photos to Christine Neff, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “College Guide Photo” in the subject line. You can send any questions you might have here, too.
- All submissions must be shot with a semi-professional digital or film SLR camera.
- Send the largest file size (RAW).
- It is best to leave the photos uncropped.
- It is acceptable to adjust the color balance to reflect the scene as observed, but photos that have been heavily manipulated or photoshopped will not be considered.
- Please include the following caption information with your submission: date taken, type of camera used, name of any buildings or landmarks pictured.