How do you see the evolution of the newspaper in the next five years?
Digital media emphasize speed —distributing as much information as possible and breaking as many stories as possible. And digital news outlets have largely taken the role of breaking stories from print forms. The newspapers that will thrive in the next five years will be the papers that mix speed and accessibility in their digital forms with quality in their print forms. In the next five years, printed papers will likely contain more features and investigative pieces as more news stories become available in digital versions.
Five reasons you love your school
- Football – College football’s winningest program
- Great restaurants – burgers, burritos, and delis
- Spirit – Yelling “Go Blue” to someone wearing a Michigan hat a thousand miles away from Ann Arbor
- Campus – Ann Arbor is a perfect college town (when it’s not covered in snow, at least)
- Our students, friends, and alumni – the inventor of fantasy baseball went here. You’re welcome, world.
Jon Stewart vs. Stephen Colbert?
Stewart. Colbert is sillier, while Stewart’s humor typically comes with an angrier edge. I like that.
One of the most quirky things about you is…
I only eat snack foods in pairs (chips, M&Ms, etc.), and only even quantities.
What was the last (non-required) book that you read?
Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption
What was the first thing that you wanted to be when you grew up?
Running back for the New York Jets