How do you see the evolution of the newspaper in the next five years?
In the next five years, I expect newspapers to evolve into a refresher course for what’s online. Online news sources will be immediate, and newspapers will contain the basics of what happened throughout the day or week.
Five reasons you love your school:
1. Murray State is located in a small town in western Kentucky, a truly unique area to live in with plenty of personality.
2. The University is just big enough, and just small enough, to be comfortable. I know I will always see someone I know when walking through campus.
3. I have incredible faculty and staff support at Murray State, they read The News often and are always complimenting our publication.
4. Murray State offers a Greek life system that is incredibly positive; the Greek stereotype that exists at most schools isn’t present here.
5. The community of Murray supports athletics like I’ve never seen at another school. Alumni and Murray residents adore the Racers and follow them with persistence.
If you could have any super power, what would you choose?
I would choose to be able to stop time.
Who’s your favorite person to follow on Twitter?
Isaiah Canaan – Murray State basketball legacy
What was your first online screen name?
One of the quirkiest things about you is…
I am a die-hard Dallas Cowboys fan, ask me anything about their statistics from the past ten years and I guarantee I know it.
What is the most interesting article you’ve ever written?
While at The Tennessean in Nashville, I wrote a story discussing college tuition and why it truly increases. Everything I had assumed about rising tuition costs turned out to be completely wrong. It was incredibly interesting to challenge everything I thought I knew about the subject, and what most people think is truth.
If you had to choose a movie title for your life story (so far), what would it be?
What was the first thing you wanted to be when you grew up?
I wanted to be an architect.