Hometown: Burlingame, Calif.
Campus activities:Washington Square News
How do you see the evolution of the newspaper in the next five years?
I think newspapers will continue going digital, incorporating more interactive and multimedia features to build their online and mobile presence. I don’t see them disappearing anytime soon — I hope there will always be opportunities for journalists to produce in-depth, investigative pieces and for readers to find these types of stories in newspapers.
Five reasons you love your school:
1. Location: There is always so much to do in New York City.
2. People: Interesting, talented students and professors hail from all over the world.
3. Resources: We have incredible opportunities not only in classrooms but also outside.
4. Diversity: From day one, I’ve felt that NYU offers something for everyone and respects diversity.
5. Food: The campus is minutes away from some of the best restaurants and coffee shops I’ve ever been to.
If you could have any super power, what would you choose?
I wish I could control time.
Who’s your favorite person to follow on Twitter?
What was your first online screen name?
This is so embarrassing. It was xohugs1xo.
One of the quirkiest things about you is…
I love chicken pad thai. I could have it every day for the rest of my life.
What is the most interesting article you’ve ever written?
I covered an occupation at The Cooper Union last year when a group of students barricaded themselves inside a building to protest the university’s plans to start charging tuition. It was a big story, and the news writers and editors at WSN extensively followed it from start to finish. Being a part of the coverage taught me the importance of teamwork.
If you had to choose a movie title for your life story (so far), what would it be?
The Breakfast Club
What was the first thing you wanted to be when you grew up?
A flight attendant. I loved flying and going to airports when I was younger.