When you move away to school, staying fit and healthy can sometimes be a challenge. Below are some essential items every college student should equip themselves with to achieve ultimate health.
1. Lunchbox: Many dining halls offer meals only two times per day, and depending on class schedules, a college student could go hours on end without eating. It’s important to keep your metabolism revved by eating small meals throughout the day and Built NY’s neoprene lunch boxes are a perfect way to store snacks. Coming in a variety of trendy patterns and colors, it’s almost as if you’re carrying around a designer handbag.
2. Tupperware: Need a way to store food in your mini fridge? Pyrex brand glass tupperware containers are a durable and functional tool to stow away meals for an entire day.
3. Electric water kettle: As college students, we all experience late nights working on term papers or lab reports, and the only thing that gets us through them is a good cup o’ joe. Though it’s abused by many, coffee and tea have many health benefits, providing your body with antioxidants and a metabolic boost. Bodum’s modernly stylish electric tea kettle is a easy and efficient way to brew water for caffeinated drinks in the comfort of your own dorm room.
4. Resistance bands: Who says you need to go to the gym for an amazing workout? Keeping exercise equipment like resistance bands in your dorm room or apartment eliminates excuses such as, “I don’t want to be seen drenched in sweat at the gym” or, “I don’t want to walk all the way to the recreation center.”
5. Sleep mask: What’s one of the most essential elements of college life that most students are deprived of?! Sleep. When the crazy fraternity across the street is booming Sexy and I Know It on its stereo or the needy girlfriend can be heard through paper-thin walls next door, deep and uninterrupted sleep can be hard to come by. Sleep masks are cheap and will help you get the zzz’s you are so deserving of.
7. Multivitamin: What line do you frequent at the dorm dining hall? If you find yourself eating burgers and fries almost every day, you probably aren’t getting all the essential vitamins your body needs to function properly. Though it’s best to get nutrients from whole foods, taking a multivitamin like Nature’s Way brand will ensure your body doesn’t miss out on anything.
8. Water bottle: Whether you are playing hard on the field or studying for long hours in the library, it’s crucial for any college student to stay hydrated. Camelbak and Bobble offer water bottles that are not only super stylish, but also have water-filtering capabilities.
9. SPF moisturizer: Though we normally associate sun screen with trips to the beach, it’s important to apply some sort of sun protection every day, in every season. Try using a moisturizer with an SPF of at least 15, that way your skin won’t fall victim to the sun’s ultra violet rays during tailgating parties, football games or long walks across campus.
10. Hand sanitizer: The college campus is like a petri dish filled with bacteria. Just think of how many door knobs, computer keyboards and classroom desks you (and every other student) touch on a given day. It’s a wonder you aren’t sick all the time! Toss a mini bottle of Purell Hand Sanitizer into your backpack or purse to help combat everyday germ attacks.
Powered by Facebook Comments