Creating a vision board is an annual project I like to do right before the New Year kicks in. Over the years I’ve seen how making a board has helped me set plans for my life, land dream jobs and reach new goals.
Do you remember as a child, spending every holiday season making a wish list of all the toys and clothes you wanted? Think of a vision board as an adult wish list that is composed of a collage of images, quotes and affirmations. A vision board serves as a plan for our personal and professional life. Just as we use sticky notes to write a message or a reminder, a vision board is a visual reminder of our goals and dreams.
Whether it’s a job you want, a promotion you’d like to receive, a place you’d like to visit or even something you’d like to buy, creating a vision board helps to set goals and reach new heights. As you make your new career wish list, don’t forget to hold yourself accountable to meeting your goals.
Here is a list of things I used when I threw a vision board party with friends. Grab your friends and get started!
What you will need:
• Poster board
• Glue or tape
1. Grab your notebook and pen and fill in the blanks. Get creative and brainstorm a few more sentences of your own!
• I want to be a _____________.
• I want to make $ __________ next year.
• I want to drive a ________.
• I want to live in _________.
• ___________ is my idol!
• I want to take a vacation to _______.
• I want to wear _____________ to work.
• If I could, I would buy _______.
• My favorite song is _________.
• My favorite quote is _________.
2. Clip images and quotes from your favorite magazines. (Use your answers from above as inspiration.)
3. Paste your images on your poster board and hang in an area of your room where you will see it daily.
Just as we make weekend plans with our friends, vision boards help us to create a plan for our life. Create your own today!
Powered by Facebook Comments