There are certainly enough questions that flood our minds come day one of our internship at “fill-in-name-of-that-prestigious-company-you-landed-an-internship-with-here.” The first undoubtedly being what to wear.
Others might involve how much cushion time you need for your very first commute, what makeup fix-ups you should throw into your bag and whether or not you’ll make it all day in those wedges, or should you bring a pair of flats just in case?
While these are important questions to ponder before we actually get to the office, several more hit us in the face when we walk through that glass door. We get thrown into an office environment that’s been established long before our arrival, and it can feel overwhelming as we try to get a sense of how things work.
To help make things a little bit clearer, communication with your boss or supervisor can really help.
And to help you to not forget just what questions you should bring up on your very first day, here is a list of questions that is sure to help take the guesswork out of being the new kid on the block.
Before you start
1. What time do you usually get to the office?
2. What is the dress code?
3. Will I have a computer/desk or do I need to bring my laptop?
4. How do employees go about eating lunch? Should I bring my own lunch or will I have a break to get something?
5. Do I need to bring anything other than a notebook, pens, wallet/ID and phone?
On the first day
6. Who should I come to if I have questions? What are some helpful tasks I can do if I’ve finished working on an assignment/project?
7. What tasks would you like to see me accomplish during this internship? Is there a particular project I should be working on consistently, or will you have tasks for me to complete daily/weekly?
8. What can I do to make your job easier?
For the rest of the questions, check out the complete article at HerCampus.com.
Powered by Facebook Comments