How do you see the evolution of the newspaper in the next five years?
I see newspapers transitioning from a paper format to online, hyper-localized publications. Online newspapers, like many cable broadcast organizations today, will tailor themselves towards a more specific audience. People will be more discriminating about what they read and where they get their news.
Five reasons you love your school:
1. The people: Brown has the craziest, diverse, most interesting group of people I’ve ever met- and I’ve learned so much from interacting with them.
2. The open curriculum: We have no course requirements. That’s really allowed me to explore and hone my academic interests.
3. Professors: It’s hard to find a smarter and more caring group of educators.
4. The protests: Brown students are probably among the most politically active in America.
5. The Ratty: Most people knock our worn-down dining hall, but I’ve enjoyed many meals there.
If you could have any super power, what would you choose?
I’d love tobe able to fly. All my dreams involve flying.
Who’s your favorite person to follow on Twitter?
What was your first online screen name?
One of the quirkiest things about you is…
I got three and a half inches of pencil stuck up my foot in a freak accident once.
What is the most interesting article you’ve ever written?
I did a very serious, in-depth investigative piece on Tinder.
If you had to choose a movie title for your life story (so far), what would it be?
Cara Newlon: The Captain of Starship of Neurotica
What was the first thing you wanted to be when you grew up?
An artist. Clearly I hadn’t looked at my own writing.