Having a space that’s filled with school spirit takes more than sheets with your school mascot and a giant school flag draped over your bed.
There are plenty of other fun ideas to incorporate your school into your dorm without looking like you robbed the bookstore. To start, try working with your roommate to create a color scheme that revolves around your school colors.
I made a sample room inspired by the purple and white of my school, High Point University. By including our panther mascot’s paw prints in a DIY lamp shade and incorporating the royal purples and crisp whites into the room, I show school pride without overdoing it.
Using Polyvore, I also put together a list of different components in your dorm room that can easily be customized for maximum school pride.
2. Bulletin boards: Getting organized is more fun when you can look up at a spirited ribbon board with to-do lists and pinned pictures of you and your friends.
3. DIY glasses: Whether it’s for your school or sorority, painted glasses are fun to make and use.
4. DIY picture frames: Go to your local craft store and pick up some cheap, wooden frames to paint with your friends.
5. Upholstered chair: This takes some skill, but, slipcovering and adding padding to those awful desk chairs makes them a lot better to study on.
6. Trash cans: Make your trash fabulous with Dormify or Macbeth Collection bins.
1. Letter prints: Dormify makes awesome letter prints that come in almost every school color.
2. Lamp shades: Buy a simple, one-color lamp shade and dress it up with fabric pens.
3. Wall hangings: Here’s where you can go all out with school spirit — go to your university bookstore and pick up a [your school here] poster.
4. Bedding: Try buying a simple duvet and use colorful pillows to complement your bed and keep with the school color scheme.
5. Rugs: : Similar to bedding, your rug should be in a complementary color or accent color.
6. Pillows: Through Etsy I found Allie June who makes pillows custom for your school.
What ideas to you have to add to these? Let us know in the comments.
ABOUT THIS SERIES:
Dorm, Sweet, Dorm.
At Dormify, we believe that dorm rooms should be just as fun, hip and fashionable as the college students who live in them. We get it. You want to walk into the white-walled, four-by-four, tiled dorm room that tons of people have lived in before and feel like this space is all you. That’s why our Dormify Style Advisors share so many creative and stylish design tips and tricks, do-it-yourself projects and design solutions with students across the country.
But our spirit for style doesn’t end there. We also design fashionable bedding, wall art and other home accessories—created specifically for beautifying dorm rooms. Our imaginative products bring style, comfort and personality to college students everywhere through bold colors, patterns and overall design innovation. Above all else, we want students to feel at home in their new homes—by feeling inspired to style their space. So read our blogs, listen to our Style Advisors, and be sure to look out for our full e-commerce site launch with a full product line this April.
If you like us in real life, you should definitely like us on Facebook and you should also follow us on Twitter. So read our blogs, listen to our Style Advisors, and be sure to shop dormify.com for inspiring dorm décor products.
Powered by Facebook Comments