How do you see the evolution of the newspaper in the next five years?
There will always be a need for journalism. However, the newspaper business model is floundering. There a lot of incredibly smart people looking for a way to make money off of news again. It will be interesting to see how journalism moves online and to what extent the print newspaper survives.
Five reasons you love your school:
1. Our motto, “Pro Humanitate” outlines our devotion to helping others. Whether it’s giving back or paying it forward, there is always someone willing to help at Wake Forest.
2. The majority of students study abroad their junior year. Wake encourages the development of the whole person through travel and exploring new cultures.
3. Rolling the Quad – One of my favorite WFU traditions is when we cover the Quad in toilet paper following a big win. It looks like snow in the moonlight.
4. Tailgating. The tailgate is a bigger event than the game most of the time. Go Deacs!
5. Wake is Instagram-ready. The manicured lawns, brick pathways and wrought iron makes for the most picturesque campus.
If you could have any super power, what would you choose?
I would be able to teleport. I hate flying and would to be able to zip around the world in a few seconds.
Who’s your favorite person to follow on Twitter?
@SurisBurnBook. The fake Suri Cruise’s snarky critiques of celeb kids’ clothing are hilarious.
What was your first online screen name?
One of the quirkiest things about you is…
I nap so much people think I’m mildly narcoleptic. I can fall asleep almost anywhere.
What is the most interesting article you’ve ever written?
I interviewed the woman who runs the top financial blog for women, Girls Just Wanna Have Funds. Listening to how she teaches women to break down financial issues and take control of their money is empowering, especially for someone who spends a little too recklessly.
If you had to choose a movie title for your life story (so far), what would it be?
What was the first thing you wanted to be when you grew up?
A detective – I was obsessed with Nancy Drew when I was little.